TERMS & CONDITIONS
● Your first and last name, address, email, phone number, and at least one emergency contact are required for all appointments.
● Every client has the right to privacy and confidentiality. The conversations you have with Transcending Trims Inc will remain confidential. Client information and email lists are confidential and will not be sold or shared with outside companies.
● By attending the appointment and receiving a service you attest that you are not experiencing any present symptoms of illness such as cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste and/or smell. You do not believe to have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of Coronavirus/COVID-19. You have not been diagnosed/considered contagious with Coronavirus/Covid-19.
● If you are sick or are concerned you are sick, you must reschedule your appointment. If you are not feeling well, or should you need to cancel or reschedule, please contact Ayla Davis at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
● Currently, wearing a mask during your appointment is optional. Please let Ayla know of any precautions you prefer prior to the appointment. Every effort will be made to make you feel comfortable.
● Let Ayla Davis know if you are running late. Punctuality is recommended as the hourly rate begins at the originally scheduled appointment time. If you run up to 45 minutes late for your appointment, Ayla may, at her discretion, still accommodate you or reschedule your service.
● If you do not give advance notice and fail to arrive after 15 minutes, an attempt will be made to reach out by text message. If there is still a lack of communication, 30 minutes into your appointment time will be considered a “no-show”.
● Arriving sick, excessive lateness, cancellations made within 24 hours of the appointment and no-shows are subject to a 50% charge and will not be able to receive another service until paid.
● Should the need to cancel your appointment within 24 hours arises because of reasons such as natural occurrences (unsafe weather conditions, power outages) or other unforeseen events such as the illness or emergencies of the service provider, a 25% credit will be awarded toward your next appointment.
● Transcending Trims Inc will not be liable for any loss or inconveniences caused by the delay or failure to perform due to a cause beyond the company's reasonable control.
● Transcending Trims Inc reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
● Discriminatory/Derogatory statements and actions are prohibited in the salon and will not be tolerated. Staff has the right to refuse service to anyone behaving improperly, intoxicated or if their state of health may influence the effects of the service.
● There is access for one wheelchair at a time. If you require assistance, please let Ayla Davis know prior to the service so accommodations can be made.
● Pomp Suites and Transcending Trims are non-smoking/vaping salons. Smoking/Vaping is not allowed.
● Alcohol is not to be consumed on the premises.
● For haircolor, smoothing and extension services, arrive with clean/dry hair. Wash between 24/48 hours prior to your appointment. Do NOT use conditioner or styling products. For best results, use a clarifying shampoo such as Redken Cleansing Cream to remove any build up.
● Avoid washing your hair within 24 hours prior to your appointment to lessen scalp sensitivity during your haircolor and smoothing services.
● Make sure your hair is free of any tangles and is not matted.
● Do NOT wear necklaces, dangly or hooped earrings, jackets, hoodies, turtlenecks or anything white. All personal belongings run the risk of damage or staining and are not the responsibility of Transcending Trims Inc. Satin robes are available to change into by request.
● Additional guests are welcome as long as they also attest to the health survey and abide by the salon etiquette, but be mindful as there are only 2 waiting chairs inside of the suite and guests can be a major distraction to the relaxation and attention you deserve.
● Bringing pets is prohibited.
● For their safety, children under ten must always be under adult supervision.
● Ensure you retrieve all personal items before leaving as Transcending Trims Inc cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items.
● The rate is $100 per hour, rounded to the nearest quarter hour. Cash, Venmo, PayPal or Zelle accepted. Payment is due upon completion. Gratuity Included.
● All service sales are final.
● Services, prices, and policies are subject to change without notice.
● To ensure you receive quality services, Ayla Davis performs thorough consultations that require your participation and honest feedback. During the consultation there will be an in-depth conversation speaking about all aspects of the appointment, in which we agree to and acknowledge, including price, and the expected physical and aesthetic results.
● A consultation is included before every service and is not required before the first visit.
● Hair Extensions are NOT kept on-site therefore a consultation appointment is required before application to color match and order the hair. All hair must be ordered in advance of application appointment. Cost of the hair is expected in full upon order.
● Transcending Trims Inc provides the following services that include, but are not limited to:
Damage repair treatments
● The terms of this agreement are binding on the above service[s] and any additional services that may be supplied by Transcending Trims Inc to you, the client.
● All services include shampoo, condition, hot towel with essential oils and relaxing scalp massage where applicable.
● You, the client, agree to pay in full for the service[s] you receive:
· As listed above
· Featured on corresponding social media
· Provided on www.ayladavis.com
· Delivered to you through email or text messaging
· Listed in the Welcome Packet, pamphlet or print media
· Confirmed at the time of appointment scheduling
· Provided during your treatment or service
· Or any other reasonably available means for communicating payment
● If you are not completely content or should your results not meet your expectations, please let Ayla Davis know during your service or within 48 hours after your service has been performed. Ayla is committed to making any needed corrections, if it aligns with the services discussed and agreed upon during the consultation. You will be accommodated free of charge in most circumstances. For complimentary service to be done, this request must be made within 48 hours of your initial appointment. Any concerns addressed after 48 hours of your appointment, or if you failed to follow the proper aftercare instructions, will be charged full price for any corrective service[s]. If you fail to arrive for the corrective appointment another corrective appointment will not be offered.
● After receiving haircolor or smoothing services, DO NOT wash or wet your hair for 48 hours, unless your service provider suggests otherwise.
● After receiving a haircolor service, view your haircolor in various lighting: outside in sunlight, in your bathroom mirror, from your phone camera, from inside your car. It is normal for haircolor to look different at home from how it looked in-salon. Hair can appear warmer or cooler due to the type of lighting.
● After receiving smoothing services, DO NOT wear your hair in a ponytail, braid or pulled back using a clip, headband or any accessories that may leave a lasting indentation. Avoid for a minimum of four days or until the first wash.
● A very lightly used product may be returned by your next scheduled appointment. Contact Ayla with your concerns as soon as possible after using the product. You will receive a full credit towards your next appointment if you notify within 2 weeks of your purchase. Return requests made after 2 weeks and up to 8 weeks will receive 50% store credit.
● If you are given aftercare instructions and product recommendations to best care for, preserve and prolong your service[s] results you agree to follow the recommendations for a home care regimen that can minimize or eliminate possible negative reactions.
● If you have additional questions or concerns regarding the service[s] received or suggested home product/post-service care, consult with the service provider immediately.
● Haircolor corrections and chemical services may require several sessions to achieve desired results. During the process of altering the hair, results can be unpredictable and hair structure may be compromised. Refunds will not be issued for breakage or unsatisfactory results.
● The chemicals found in hair color, perms, relaxers, keratin treatments and other products can have side effects such as allergic reaction, scalp irritation, redness, blisters, sores, dryness, peeling skin, loss or breakage of natural hair, bruising, scarring, swelling, or hyperpigmentation.
● The service[s] contain built-in risks. These risks are present even when the company uses the utmost care in its service[s] and or any products used in the delivery of those service[s]. Client knowingly and voluntarily, accepts and assumes responsibility for any and all risks that could arise out of, or occur during, the service[s] and hereby releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to sue the company for any and all liability resulting from any assumed risks of the service[s]. The risks with the procedure and the product[s] used, include, but are not limited to:
Allergic reaction, scalp irritation, redness, blisters, sores, dryness, peeling skin, bruising, scarring, swelling, hyperpigmentation, injury, death, contraction of illness or disease, hair loss, hair breakage, adverse reaction, and/or undesirable results. A reaction can occur at any time, even if you have received the service[s] on previous occasions. If you have any medical concerns, seek professional medical advice prior to receiving any service[s].
● Transcending Trims Inc believe in continuous improvement. In keeping with this philosophy, customer complaints are reviewed to learn from experience and to prevent recurrence.
● Transcending Trims Inc shall render all SERVICES honestly and in good faith and with the highest possible degree of professionalism, care, skill, diligence, and responsiveness and in any case no less than with a reasonable degree of care, skill, diligence, and responsiveness consistent with industry standards.
● Individual results will vary depending on the nature of your hair/skin, level of care, and a variety of other factors that cannot be controlled. As a result, Transcending Trims Inc cannot make individual guarantees regarding the service[s] you receive.
● You agree to release the company, its officers, employees, directors, and related entities from all damages that may result from you, the client, receiving the service as well as your heirs, and any personal representatives.
● However, if Transcending Trims Inc is found to be liable, the company's liability to you, the client, and or to any third party is limited to the amount of the most recently received service[s]. All claims against the company must be filed within 90 days of the date of the first claim or otherwise be forfeited forever.
● You understand that this waiver means that you give up your right to bring any claims including for personal injuries, death, disease, property loss, or any other losses, including but not limited to claims of negligence. You further give up the right to any claim you may have to seek damages, whether known or unknown, foreseen, or unforeseen.
● This agreement is governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of California without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
● If any dispute arises out of or related to a claimed breach of this contract or any other disagreement related to the services received, such dispute will be resolved by binding arbitration in the State of California, Stockton according to the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Each side shall bear its own costs and attorneys’ fees. The parties agree to waive their right to a jury trial. The parties both further agree that prior to arbitration, the parties both will make a good faith effort to resolve the dispute without the necessity of outside intervention. The client further agrees that to be considered “a good faith effort,” client must give Transcending Trims Inc written notice of any dispute about costs, fees or services received within ten (10) days of the date that the client receives the service(s).
● Client will not at any time make any public statements, whether orally or in writing, which are intended to be derogatory or damaging to Transcending Trims Inc.
● Transcending Trims Inc makes no warranties or representations with respect to any services provided. Nothing on the website or social media accounts, including but not limited to, past before and after photographs or testimonials should be construed as a warranty for future services. Transcending Trims Inc denies all implied warranties to the furthest extent applicable under the law.
● If any provision of this agreement is held, in whole or in part, to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of that provision and of the entire agreement will be severable and remain in force and effect.
● This agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties for the service[s] provided. No other agreement, statement, or promise, whether oral or written, made on or before the effective date of this agreement will be binding on the parties.
● Any modification or change to this agreement is required by a writing signed by both client and Transcending Trims Inc.
● If there is a conflict between this agreement and other information contained and or provided by Transcending Trims Inc, this agreement and the terms that are in it will be in control and used to resolve the conflict.
● You accept the terms of this agreement when you do any of the following:
· Schedule an appointment for a service
· Complete payment for a service
· Click “I agree to the terms” OR
"I have read, understand, and agree to the above practices."
· Sign this agreement in person or electronically
If you have any questions regarding the above terms and conditions, please communicate them prior to committing to an appointment.